1. General Terms
The Service Provider has done everything in its power for the Service to comply with the valid legal acts and information displayed on the website to be accurate and up to date. The Service Provider does not guarantee the accuracy of information and is not responsible for the possible consequences of using the service.
Developing the Service has been funded from the INTERREG Baltic Sea Region Programme. The managing authority of the Programme is not responsible for how the information may be used.
The terms will enter into force on 1 March 2019 for an unspecified term.
2.2. Processed data and sources
Personal data are any data concerning an identified or identifiable natural person (incl. consumption data), regardless of the form or format in which such data exist.
The Service Provider will process primarily the data concerning the User which the User personally discloses or allows to be disclosed (third databases), and information which becomes known to the Service Provider during use, including (but not limited to) the following data:
- Contact details;
- Energy consumption, energy and energy service cost data;
- Electronic identification data (such as IP addresses, cookies);
- Correspondence between the User and the Service Provider;
- Details concerning the use of the user interface and activity related to using the Service;
- Data for personalization of the content and advertisements;
- Data for providing social media functions and traffic analysis.
The Service Provider will receive User data in three ways:
1) The User submits relevant data to the Service Provider by, for example, entering their name, e-mail address, postal address or telephone number, by submitting their consumption data to the Service Provider or by submitting an authorization for asking data from providers of energy services;
2) The Service Provider collects data concerning the User behaviour and use of the Services (for example, which web browser or device the User used) or for providing the Services (such as consumption data, offers). Reliable and acknowledge tools created by third parties, such as Google Analytics or Ispectlet will be used to collect data;
3) The Service Provider receives data from third parties based on an inquiry made by the Service Provider or a cooperation partner thereof under the User’s authorization, such as electricity consumption data of the User received from a database managed by Elering AS.
2.3. Data processing
The objective of collecting and processing data is primarily to provide, maintain, protect, improve and develop new Services. The Service Provider will also use the data to develop and provide Users with customized content.
The Service Provider may use the data entered by the User in the web application for analysing trends and conduct surveys and make summaries for publication while granting user anonymity.
The Service Provider will ensure high quality of processed data as much as possible. The Service Provider may change the entered data in the extent required for the high-quality operation of the Service. The User is still responsible for the correctness of data they disclose.
2.4. Safety, storage and erasure of data
The Service Provider values highly the safety of user data and will take appropriate technical and organizational means to protect personal data from unauthorized persons and from unintentional or unlawful erasure, alteration, publication, communication or other unlawful processing.
The data will be stored in servers located in a member state of the European Union and protected, according to the knowledge of the Service Provider, by best possible means and in compliance with legal acts of Estonia and the European Union.
In order to protect safety and privacy, logging in to Energiamonitor is password-protected. Choose a sufficiently complicated password, do not share it with unauthorized persons and do not save it or remain logged-in in foreign devices. The Service Provider is not responsible for the access of third persons to devices under the User’s control, for the Internet connection or security thereof. The Service Provider has enabled the User to share data concerning their site (incl. potential personal data related to the site) and user rights for the site with third persons. In order to prevent disclosure of unwanted data or disclosure of data to unwanted persons, the user must inspect and ensure the functionality of enabled sharing functions. To do so, the Service Provider requests the User to read the guidance material of the application or contact the Service Provider for further details by e-mail at email@example.com.
The Service Provider will not disclose the personal data of Users or other persons without their consent or other grounds arising from the law.
Data will be stored until the User has not asked the data to be removed or the Service Provider has not removed data spontaneously.
2.5. Communicating data to third parties
The Service Provider will not sell, lease, exchange or hand over personal data in another day to persons outside the Service Provider without the User’s consent, except for in cases where the
- Service Provider is obligated to do so pursuant to applicable laws or under the order of competent authorities or in case a need
- arises to protect the justified interests of the Service Provider
- in compliance with valid laws and in cases set out in the
During its business activity, the Service Provider may sell or purchase business units. In case of such transactions and in case the Service Provider or practically all of its assets are transferred in the possession of a third person, the personal data of Users of the Service Provider are, as a rule, deemed to be transferable assets. The Service Provider reserves the right to include the Users’ personal data in the assets transferred to a third person.