Project activities: The supporting structures for developing the Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP’s) were created. One of its most important components is the CO2 emission inventory.
Mershatility comprised the municipalities, energy companies and energy consulting providers from 12 countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain).
In Estonia, the SEAPs were created for the following municipalities that had joined the Govenant of Mayors: Tartu; Võru, Jõgeva, Rõuge.
* The Covenant of Mayors is the European movement involving local and regional authorities, voluntarily committing to increasing energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources on their territories. By their commitment, Covenant signatories aim to meet and exceed the European Union 20% CO2 reduction objective by 2020.
The MESHARTILITY project addressed municipalities, energy utilities and their associations from 12 project countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain). They could engage in several activities, including:
- helping to get a better understanding of legal and voluntary EU and National frameworks by sharing their expertise in:
- 2 EU roundtables,
- several National/Regional roundtables in each project country,
- completing the survey that explored practices relevant to data sharing,
- sharing existing good practices on: data sharing, cooperation between LGs and utilities, SEAP development based on reliable data.
- Save Energy Agency of Región de Murcia (Spain)
- STRATAGEM Ltd (Cyprus)
- Sogesca s.r.l. (Italy)
- Ekodoma (Latvia)
- Association of Municipalities Polish Network “Energie Cités” (Poland)
- ICLEI European Secretariat GmbH (Germany)
- Energy Agency of Savinjska (Slovenia)
- Local council’s association (Malta)
- Black Sea Energy Research Centre (Bulgaria)
- Cyprus Energy Agency (Cyprus)
- ENEL distribution (Italy)
- Energiaextremadura (Spain)
- Energy Agency of Bucarest (Romania)
- Tartu Regional Energy Agency (Estonia)
- Society for sustainable development design (Croatia)
- Italian Authentic Villages Association (Italy)
- Regional Development Agency Dubrovnik Nerteva county (Croatia)
Project web page: http://www.meshartility.eu/
Contact person in TREA: Martin Kikas (firstname.lastname@example.org, +372 524 5225)
This web site reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.