Activities of CAMS Platform: Energy efficiency measures such as renovation of buildings can address some of the vulnerabilities to climate change impacts and also counteract the increased energy demand, such as climate proofing buildings against extreme weather events using solar engineering, carbon neutral refurbishment materials, cool or green roofs; switching to distributed generation secures simultaneously climate change adaptation.
Aim of the CAMS platform is to learn from existing projects and facilitate, how energy efficiency measures could be co-used for increasing resilience of housing and services sector. CAMS platform develops macroregional database for energy audits, standardizes and verifies energy performance criteria for buildings and develops guidance on achieving synergy between climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Renovating the housing stock to meet energy efficiency criteria, energy audits need to be delivered in higher quality and lower cost to reach maximum optimal energy savings. As methods and energy efficiency standards differ in BSR countries, similarly the energy auditing frameworks and methods in dynamic environments, harmonization and standardization can improve the energy auditing in general. Benchmarking and visualization tools on energy auditing which covers in addition mitigation also adaptation targets will be developed for the whole BSR. Based on the comprehensive database tool, the energy auditing method will be tested by the partners in several countries participating in the project platform. A common database tool and unified method for energy auditing as well as upgraded qualification programme on housing refurbishment advances mitigation and adaptation qualities implementing energy efficiency policies in the Baltic Sea Region. In regard policy support, CAMS Platform facilitates integrative cross-sectorial policy discussions and alignment of policies in the BSR countries, including mainstreaming of climate change mitigation and adaptation into construction, housing and service sector policies. The platform promotes the best practices and innovative methodologies of multiple BSR and pan-european energy efficiency project.
CAMS platform brings together knowledge and experience from following projects funded by Effect4Buildings, LowTemp, Area 21, CO2Community, ActNow, SUMBA, BEA-APP of Baltic Sea Interreg and HERON, SIM4NEXUS; RDI2CluB, ENLARGE, PANEL 2050 and ACREE of Horizon 2020.
- State-of-the-art report on energy auditing
- Database of energy audits on housing renovations and service sector
- Policy recommendations of energy auditing
- Qualification programme on energy efficient refurbishment of apartment buildings
- Report on combining climate adaptation measures within energy efficiency projects in BSR
- Guidelines for climate proofing energy efficiency projects in BSR
- Policy recommendations for mainstreaming climate into ESIF 2021-2027
- Tartu Regional Energy Agency, Estonia
- County Administrative Board of Dalarna, Sweden
- Permanent International Secretariat of the Council of the Baltic Sea States, Sweden
- Ministry of Economics of Latvia, Latvia
- Foundation of Energy Saving in Gdansk, Poland
- Baltic Environmental Forum Latvia, Latvia
- Baltic Environmental Forum Germany, Germany
- Stockholm Environment Institute Tallinn Centre, Estonia
- Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
Platform coordinator: Antti Roose, TREA, (email@example.com, +372 5332 8233)
This web site reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used