Co2mmunity encourages and supports citizens to co-finance, co-develop, and co-operate sustainable energy projects in (local) communities and at the same time creates the complete policy papers for decision-makers in national, regional and BSR level in order to bring more Community Energy topic on the socio-political agenda.
Community energy (CE) projects are sustainable way to reach the goal to increase the RE share to at least 20% of consumption in Europe. In Germany and Denmark half of the installed RE capacity is already owned by citizens, which enable these regions to become CE frontrunners for particular technologies at European level. Other regions within the BSR have great potentials as CE followers. Co2mmunity will include the partners from frontrunners and followers countries, bring together these first experiences and motivations, enables the transnational exchange of experiences and supports the capacity-building which is needed to further promote community energy cooperation and RE. Projects main approach is the creation of renewable energy cooperative partnerships (RENCOP) that initiate and support CE projects in each partner country. Co2mmunitys another objective is to create comprehensive document about CE to enhance the institutional capacities of all actors and levels responsible for energy issues in the BSR, energy and citizens associations for facilitating CE projects.
- Online database of CE projects and initiatives in the BSR (focus on partner regions).
- Synthesis report on the current CE situation in the BSR is developed in the frame of the project, including a best practice compilation.
- Regional stakeholder map from each partner region, stakeholder analysis and stakeholder RENCOP, guidelines for establishing new RENCOPs.
- RENCOP roadmap for municipalities and regional actors across the BSR.
- Locally specific CE handbooks and white papers for public and regional stakeholders.
- Policy paper for BSR energy stakeholders/actors.
- Hopefully new CE initiatives and projects in participating countries.
Project partners are 15 organisations from eight Baltic Sea region countries:
- Green City Energy AG (Germany)
- Heinrich-Böll Foundation Schleswig-Holstein e.V.(Germany)
- Municipality of Middelfart (Denmark)
- Tartu Regional Energy Agency (TREA) (Estonia)
- Aalto University Foundation sr (Finland)
- Green Net Finland (Finland)
- Regional Council of South Ostrobothnia (Finland)
- Thermopolis Ltd – Energy Agency of South Ostrobothnia (Finland)
- Riga Planning Region (Latvia)
- Kaunas Regional Energy Agency (Lithuania)
- Lithuanian Energy Institute (Lithuania)
- Foundation for Sustainable Energy (Poland)
- Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden (Sweden)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- CAU Kiel – Working Group Economic Geography (Germany)
Project home page: http://co2mmunity.eu/
Contact person in TREA: Nele Ivask (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This web site reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.