Project activities: DECIDE project that aims to gain a better understanding of how energy communities and energy efficiency services are established and managed. It also intends to identify which kind of communications and interactions work best to encourage participation in energy communities for specific types of individuals and groups, and to test and transfer knowledge in pilot projects across Europe.
The project pilot sites provide a set of complementary and geographically well-spread cases covering social housing as well as middle class and upper-class neighbourhoods in Austria, Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece and the Netherlands. They will deliver the necessary cases for a sound outreach built on an extensive social science basis.
The project focusses on three levels of Energy Communities:
- those existing at the start of the project and included in the work plan as such;
- those that will be initiated throughout the project, and
- those not directly partnering in the project but benefiting from the exchange and expertise of DECIDE.
- 9 pilots in 7 member states (Greece, Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, Estonia, Germany, France).
- Over 600 000 engaged consumers.
- Save over 16 GWh of energy and 11000 tons of CO2 emissions annually and nearly 6 MWp of renewable energy (inc. electricity and heat) will be installed.
- Uptake of 12 different energy services, measures and products that can be applied within or outside of energy community (more information on DECIDE webpage)
- Juhtpartner: TH!NK E (THINK) (Belgium);
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft MBH (JR) (Austria);
- B.A.U.M Consult GMBH (BAUM) (Germany);
- Prospex Institude (PI) (Belgium);
- Thermovault (THERM) (Belgium);
- Enbro (ENBRO) (Belgium);
- Tartu Regional Energy Agency (TREA) (Eestonia);
- OurPower Energiegenossenschaft SCE mbH (OUR) (Austria);
- Iron Thermoilektriki Anonymi Etaireia (HERON) (Greece);
- Domx Idiotiki Kefalaiouchiki Etaireia (DOMX) (Greece);
- Universitaet Mannheim (UNIMA) (Germany);
- ICLEI European Secretariat GmbH (ICLEI) (Germany);
- Elektrizitatwerk Hindelang EG (HIND) (Germany).
Project home page: https://decide4energy.eu/the-pilots/
Contact person in TREA: Marten Saareoks (email@example.com, +372 5332 8233)
This web site reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.