TREA – Tartu Regional Energy Agency
Phone: +372 524 5225
Reg nr 80292666
VAT nr EE101576572
Address: Narva mnt 3, Tartu city
Tartu Regional Energy Agency (TREA) has been established in 2009 by Tartu City Government and Tartu Science Park to implement efficient energy management methodologies and practices in Tartu region. TREA as partner is providing an independent energy advocacy for the region from citizens to SME-s, from households level to municipality or regional level.
TREA is also the first energy management agency in Estonia. As a widely used agency-model, it also represents a modern European approach for local energy management. On the other hand, it also represents local energy development at national and EU level. An important part of that work is representing the region in national and international cooperation networks and projects that are dealing with relevant issues.
Tartu Regional Energy Agency’s target area (so called region) is South Estonia, but agency is acting nationwide, on whole territory of Estonia.
TREA is a knowledge centre for its clients − energy end users (consumers) and prosumers.
Our main focus areas are:
- Energy management in local governments
- Increasing the efficiency of energy use in public sector and households
- Promoting and supporting renewable energy initiatives
- Developing cooperation between public and private sector
- Supporting local communities
The goals of TREA:
- Creating a unified output for entities wich operate in the field of sustainable energy and energy efficiency
- Promoting the application of sustainable energy and energy management
- Helping to increase the knowledge and qualification of sustainable energy in public, private and third sector
- Encouraging the cooperation in local and international level
- Involving different parties in relevant international cooperation projects and networks of sustainable energy and energy efficiency
- Offering its members the opportunity to introduce their accomplishments and experience in Estonia and abroad
- Collecting and distributing the information about sustainable energy and energy management to help developing the services in energy planning and management and sustainable energy in Tartu and Southern Estonia